Music

Saturday, March 3, 2012

God's Wisdom!



       Greetings on this dreary Saturday! Rain,rain,no sun, rain,rain,rain...you get the picture. hahaha
 I'm so glad I went through my emails earlier than later today. It helps to get a little perspective on these non-sunny days.
      One of the Yahoo Groups I'm a part of has "Scripture Saturdays". We share each week what scripture has touched us that week. Isn't that a great idea? After responding to the email this morning I thought I'd share a little more here. The scripture this week that spoke to me the most is...

      2 Timothy 3:16-17 (New Century Version)
 "All Scripture is given by God and is useful for teaching, for showing people what is wrong in their lives, for correcting faults,and for teaching how to live right. Using the Scriptures, the person who serves God will be capable, having all that is needed to do every good work."

     2 Timothy 3: 16-17 (Amplified Version)
  " Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction,for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action), 
     So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work."

       Reading this scripture is like me flipping through a mental scrapbook. It reminds me of the many times God has directed my steps,keeping me on the straight and narrow. Times where He's given me clarity of vision when I was surrounded by clouds of uncertainty and doubt. I love what Jesus says in Matthew 7:7-8,"Ask, and God will give to you. Search,and you will find. Knock,and the door will open for you. Yes,everyone who asks will receive. Everyone who searches will find. And everyone who knocks will have the door opened."

       So many times in my life I have sincerely come before God's face and asked Him for direction. It has been at times when I've been faced with new areas in my life. The only thing that matters at those times is that I do the right thing. Especially since I have no idea what I'm doing! At those times you feel as though you're in a wilderness,doesn't it?
    
    "To change and to change for the better are two different things".-German Proverb

        I hope to always learn and change guided by the Holy Spirit. When I see all the things that are in the Bible for us I am in awe. I'm struck with how much He loves us completely. The more I fall in love with Jesus. Along with the natural feeling of inadequacy when comparing myself to God's holiness and goodness.
        As long as I continue to come before God asking for His wisdom and direction and being willing to follow I will always be provided and cared for!